Friday, August 28, 2009

Polymer Clay Chocolates w/ Varnish + Clay Fruit Canes

Made these w/ Sculpey polymer clay more than a month ago but never had a chance to seal them. The 3 "chocolates" on the right were sealed with Sculpey Glaze in satin. I though the satin finish wouldn't have much sheen but I was wrong. The pieces looked super glossy& wet. Not the look I was going for. So I went to Michaels yesterday to purchase a matte varnish. I applied it onto the 4 pieces on the left. Once they were dried, no sheen was detected so they looked more realistic. In fact, you cannot even tell that a sealer was applied to the pieces. Delta Ceramcoat Matte Varnish, $9.99 at Michaels.



These fruit canes were purchased from Etsy @ $3 per cane. A friend told me that these canes were not handmade. They're mass produced in China so that's why the cost is very low and each piece looks identical to the other compared to handmade canes.
You can find these canes in Hong Kong for about US$1.

1 comment:

  1. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! orbit gum

    ReplyDelete