Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Decoden Inspirations







































































Picked up a copy of Deco Venus because there were a few pages on making miniature clay sweets. These are my favorite designs from this issue and I also found 3 Hello Kitty designs from Strapya. I'm so inspired by these elaborate designs that I stopped by my local bead store to purchase some Swarovski rhinestones to decorate a business card case. But I made a huge mistake of not planning my project carefully and now I realize:

  1. The 12ss sized rhinestones don't fit perfectly onto my card case. I need the 5ss size rhinestones for a perfect fit.
  2. 200 rhinestones are not enough to cover the surface of the business card case. If I'm going to use the 5ss size, I need 1,150 of them!
  3. The 5ss rhinestones are super tiny so I need some type of magnifying tool.
  4. The cost of 1,150 crystal rhinestones will be about $50. So I'm debating if it's worth gluing the rhinestones to a cheap, flimsy business card case I bought for $1.50 from Ichibankan or to invest in a sterling silver business card case from Tiffany & Co for $275. Gluing the rhinestones will take a huge amount of time and effort so I do want my final product to withstand normal wear and tear but at the same time, this is my first attempt at decoden so I don't want to mess up a $275 card case!

No comments:

Post a Comment