Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wish List: Q-pot Necklaces + New People Store













I arrived at the brand new Newpeople store at 7:40pm yesterday and was only able to visit the "goods" section because they close at 8PM. In addition, when we took the elevator up to the "fashion" floor at 7:50PM, they were already closed and wouldn't let us get a peek. Overall, I was sort of disappointed at this brand new center because the local newspapers created such a hype on how it's going to be a huge shopping/cinema complex packed with cute and unique Japanese pop culture goods but the New People store just resembles a small museum gift shop. The basement is the cinema and the lobby has a kiosk selling drinks w/limited seating. The lobby is very spacious in order to accommodate the moviegoers hanging out before/after the movie but looks like a waste of space when not much people are around. As you walk up a couple of steps towards the back of the building, it will be the Newpeople store. I mostly saw books there but there were some cute items like the cookie and biscuit candles ($4.95 each), Babie Deer mascots and the Q-pot necklaces. Selection of these items were very limited. For the books, each title had only 1 copy. I went there to check out the Q-pot necklaces (the 4 pics shown above are the ones I really want) but there were only a few designs. The white chocolate necklace w/ the strawberry retails for $100 US dollars so about $10-$15 dollars more than if you were to buy it in Japan. Since I might be heading to Tokyo in December, I think I will wait until then to view the whole Q-pot collection and go crazy with the purchases. I ended up getting 1 clay craft book that teaches you how to make food charms but I'll see when I will actually use the book! By the way, my friend had a chance to go up to the "clothes" section and a simple black gothic lolita skirt will set you back at ~$200 so expect to pay $800-$1000 for the complete lolita set. The New People center is the type of place where you have to go at least once and will most likely treat the place like a museum instead of a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment